Thursday, June 2, 2011

Always be prepared

The Girl Scout motto has always loomed large for me, every since I was a Brownie. That's when I learned most of what I know about camping, including always wear a bandana, park your car nose out, and don't use random sticks you find to roast marshmallows, lest they be poison oak or something.

I followed those rules on a camping trip up to Sequoia National Park over Memorial Day weekend. As organized and prepared as I was for the trip


I didn't anticipate getting hail


or snow.


So it was a little cold and a little wet, but great fun nonetheless. Sometimes those unexpected events make a  run-of-the-mill camping trip more of an adventure. Which reminds of the time I dislocated my toe at this very same campground...

Lelah Baker-Rabe is a Los Angeles-based professional organizer. To discuss your organizing needs, call her at 818.269.6671 or email lelah@lelahwithanh.com. Sign up for Lelah's News, a once-monthly newsletter.

No comments:

Post a Comment