Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Halloween prep

Halloween is a fun holiday. Candy, dressing up and fake blood always make for a good time. I like to get into the Halloween spirit by doing a few simple, low stress things.


  • Decorate by taping a skeleton cutout on my front door. I use the same one every year - it was originally a Halloween card my mom sent me.
  • Watch The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, the 1950s Disney cartoon version narrated by Bing Crosby that's scarier than you'd expect.
  • Get a pumpkin and carve a jack-o-lantern, saving the seeds to roast. My trick: boil the seeds in heavily salted water for a few minutes before roasting them tossed with some olive oil and a tad more salt. 
  • Buy one (1) bag of Halloween candy. I usually don't get many trick-or-treaters, but it's always good to be prepared. 
What do you do to prepare for Halloween?

Lelah Baker-Rabe is a Los Angeles-based professional organizer. To discuss your organizing needs, call her at 818.269.6671 or email lelah@lelahwithanh.com

No comments:

Post a Comment