Monday, August 9, 2010

Travel size toiletries donation

I usually can't resist stashing the tiny bottles of shampoo and conditioner from hotel bathrooms into my bag as I'm packing up from my stay. I might even use the bottles of lotion or small cakes of soap. But more often than not, the bottles just stack up in the bathroom cupboard, until I go into de-clutter mode.


If you have your own (unused, unopened) personal toiletry item collection, I urge you to let it go to a place where it will be really appreciated. Shelters for homeless people and other people in need always welcome those donations. Food banks will usually take them in addition to non-perishable foods. It's easier for them to offer travel-size toiletries as they can be used once per person, which is more hygienic than sharing.

Places in Los Angeles to donate these items:
San Fernando Valley Rescue Mission
Downtown Women's Center
Westside Food Bank

Creative Commons photo posted to Flickr by jeffgunn


Lelah Baker-Rabe is a Los Angeles-based professional organizer. To discuss your organizing needs, call her at 818.269.6671 or email lelah@lelahwithanh.com

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it will be nice to share to others. These travel size toiletries are also great giveaways. You can purchase on bulk anytime at discounted prices.

    ReplyDelete