Wednesday, August 4, 2010

NaNoWriMo preview

NaNoWriMo, aka, National Novel Writing Month, isn't until November. However, it isn't too early to start getting excited about it! I love NaNoWriMo. The challenge of writing 50,000 words of a novel in 30 days is just the right amount of scary and doable and useful for a fiction writer with self-discipline issues. Last year, I accomplished the goal and three months after that, I finished the novel I started. I'm in the (hopefully) last stages of revising that novel, and I'll be ready to begin again on November 1 with a clean slate and a new story.


I strongly encourage you to consider joining in the fun this year if you are any kind of writer, or even if you had a passing thought one day that you'd like to write a book. You can do it. I think the collective energy of 200,000 people all attempting the same thing really makes it easier. Or if not easier, less lonely, which is kind of the same thing.

Lelah Baker-Rabe is a Los Angeles-based professional organizer. To discuss your organizing needs, call her at 818.269.6671 or email lelah@lelahwithanh.com

No comments:

Post a Comment