Monday, April 4, 2011

Goals for Conference

The NAPO annual conference is this week in San Diego. I have never before attended and I'm very much looking forward to the opportunity to learn from and with my colleagues. Here are my personal goals for the conference:
  1. Get enough sleep, eat a lot of vegetables and try to exercise once a day (they have a pool at the conference hotel). If I'm hungry and tired, I won't be as effective during conference hours.
  2. Have meaningful conversations with some of the conference attendees, and make a point to follow up with them, rather than just gather tons of business cards and make no real connections.
  3. Explore the Expo. I have heard that it can be difficult to carve out time to visit the part of the conference where companies have set up booths to share their products and services, but I know it's a valuable feature and I want to make a point to do it.
  4. Have fun. I'm going to a Padres-Dodgers baseball game Friday night with my conference roommate and a bunch of organizers I've never met before. Networking and sports - love the combo. Go Dodgers!

I'll be back to report on all the conference details. Have an awesome week!

Lelah Baker-Rabe is a Los Angeles-based professional organizer. To discuss your organizing needs, call her at 818.269.6671 or email lelah@lelahwithanh.com

2 comments:

  1. You'll have a great time! I went last year for the first time and really enjoyed myself. Be sure to talk to all of the vendors you're interested in. And don't be afraid to change the sessions you intend to go to if something sounds better once you get there.

    I'm not going this year but will be following through Twitter. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips, Jen. I hope you'll check back for my post-conference round-up post.

    ReplyDelete