Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Checking in: Lelah's plants

So, I have good news and I have bad news. In January, I wrote about my goal of keeping some new plants alive this year. Well, the succulents were as hearty as advertised and seem to be thriving. Yay!


But, my rosemary bush burned to a crisp. I didn't water it enough and it was getting too much sun. It seemed like all of a sudden it just turned crispy and I tried to move it to a more shaded area and give it more water, but it was no use. Sad.


I'm not gifted with plant insight. However, I do feel that I have learned from this experience and would do a better job of tending a rosemary plant in the future, should I get up enough nerve to try it again.

Lelah Baker-Rabe is a Los Angeles-based professional organizer. To discuss your organizing needs, call her at 818.269.6671 or email lelah@lelahwithanh.com

1 comment:

  1. I recommend a Philodendron as the next step. I find them nearly impossible to kill. I have had a string of them since I was 15 years old, and usually only have to get new ones when I am moving and don't feel like packing one. I keep five in my office, and they don't even die when I go away on vacation!

    ReplyDelete