Monday, October 5, 2009

Twitter, networking and magnetic wall paint

As a small business owner, I find myself doing a lot of networking to meet and support other local entrepreneurs while spreading the word about my business. Sometimes these efforts yield surprising results, such as finding out that the person you just met at the business mixer and you have mutual acquaintances or are from the same small town. Sometimes they end with the traditional exchange of business cards (remember to write the date and how you met before filing) and adding a new Twitter buddy or Facebook friend. Through one such networking move, I started following Sarah Shaw, a designer and entrepreneur who sent me this neat video. I love the idea of making wall space more functional, especially in this age of non-magnetic fridges. Even though I'm a proponent of the almost-bare fridge surface, sometimes it's nice to have a place to stick a photo, calendar or grocery list without having to think too hard about it.

Lelah Baker-Rabe is a Los Angeles-based professional organizer. To discuss your organizing needs, call her at 818.269.6671 or email lelah@lelahwithanh.com

1 comment:

  1. Lelah,

    If you love the idea of making wall space more functional, then you'll probably love, love, love IdeaPaint! It can turn virtually anything you can paint into a high-performance dry-erase surface. I just wrote a blog about it. You can read what I had to say at: http://millerorganizing.blogspot.com/2009/10/go-ahead-write-on-walls-no-reallyits.html

    Regards,
    A.J. Miller
    Professionial Organizer serving the NYC area
    MILLER ORGANIZING
    http://millerorganizing.com

    ReplyDelete