Friday, August 13, 2010

Moving: stage two

A week ago, I blogged about how my husband and I had decided to move. In that post I wrote,
Plus, we aren't really in a hurry, so we can take our time finding the right place.
Well, we weren't in a hurry, but we found the right place this week anyway. And since we decided we wanted to live there, the machinery of moving has been started and it doesn't matter how leisurely we'd like the experience to be. We have a deadline now to pack, move and unpack all our stuff, complicated by a two-week-long out-of-state trip we are going starting next week. I'm practicing my deep breathing as I type.

Our plan is to pack everything before the trip and upon our return do the physical move and all that entails (cleaning both places, possibly painting a few walls in the new place, ordering utilities for the new place and canceling the ones here, plus changing our address - the most daunting task. I haven't done it in years. Ahh. Breathing.)

I'm still hoping to achieve what I mention in that previous post:
...that we can maintain this non-stressed-out attitude throughout all the stages of the move!
That remains to be seen, but I'm at least very excited by the new place and the possibilities that it opens up for us!

Lelah Baker-Rabe is a Los Angeles-based professional organizer. To discuss your organizing needs, call her at 818.269.6671 or email lelah@lelahwithanh.com

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Congratulations. Do blog about how you are planning out the new space! We had a lot of fun last time we moved mapping out the new layout on graph paper to scale, and then each filling in how we dreamed it would look. I used magazine collage, and my now-fiance used sketches. It was a really fun way to start the planning process. We scanned the drawings and saved them in our gmail.

    ReplyDelete